New signings

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: ClubAdmin, Nick Sopowski

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New signings

Post by KEITH »

Good to see Brett has already secured 3 new signings including a welcome return of Liam Brooks. I took a look at the first team players photos at the foot of the website home page. A lot of last seasons squad are missing (Finn obviously & some which presumably who aren't in Brett's plans) but some remain along side the 3 new signings. I'm hoping that these have agreed to stay for next season, in particular my player of last season, Toby Syme. In all of the games I saw I can't remember him making a mistake, certainly not a crucial one. More often than not his last ditch tackles prevented many potential goal scoring opportunities. Arsenal have William Saliba, we have, hopefully, Toby Syme. Also if we can keep Lewis & Diogo fit for the whole season that will be a bonus. Anyway let's see who else Brett can secure.

Pessimists are never disappointed.
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New signings

Post by SimonP »

Toby was on the list of players who were confirmed as retained (along with LB,Connor Vincent, Shane Bush, George Devine, & Stephen Gleeson). Great player
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Have to agree about Toby Syme.

He was my player of the season. Not only a very good defender but consistantly good performances in an inconsistant season!
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

And a really nice and humble human being.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Toby's been my player of the year for the last two seasons.
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

Toby looks like a captain in the making.
Roblio
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Roblio »

Have we signed a goalkeeper yet ?
KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH »

Looking at the player pictures at the bottom of the home screen Josh Mollison is still there as he has been for some years now. He's been on loan to several clubs in that time. That's loyalty which I would guess is a quality that Brett likes. I haven't seen him play for a while but he was pretty decent the last time I saw him & he's quite a big keeper, a physical presence in the box, another trait that would suit Brett's thinking.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

KEITH wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:58 am I haven't seen him play for a while but he was pretty decent the last time I saw him & he's quite a big keeper, a physical presence in the box, another trait that would suit Brett's thinking.
:iagree:
Andy Denniss
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Andy Denniss »

A shame but just read Diego is giving football a break, due to his injuries. Used to like watching him. Let's hope he recovers and gets back playing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic