Paying on the gate??

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: ClubAdmin, Nick Sopowski

Bob_the_builder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Paying on the gate??

Post by Bob_the_builder »

A little dickie bird tells me we will be able to pay at the gate this coming season??? :big_grin:

CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Paying on the gate??

Post by CanaryHatter »

You could do so last season - it just costs more and is more of a faff all round.

Best option is definitely still to buy online, which you can do so even past kick off.

Full admission details here: https://hitchintownfc.club/admission-prices/
KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH »

CanaryHatter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:34 am You could do so last season - it just costs more and is more of a faff all round.
Really? It always stated on the fixture board when I walked past it "online tickets only" or words to that effect. This debate has been simmering for ages &, while I understand the club's stance on this, virtually every other club in the premier central has the pay on the gate option, or so I'm told. If I'm contemplating going to an away game I know I don't have to "faff around" in advance to get a ticket (some clubs websites are not that user friendly enough for an old geezer like me to be able to find their ticket office easily), one less thing to think about. Having said that I didn't go to very many away games last season, mostly due to distance but, luckily for me, we have a few more this season that are doable. I'm a season ticket holder so this issue only affects me for cup games but, if you haven't already guessed, I'd welcome a pay on the gate option. Just saying.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Bob_the_builder
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bob_the_builder »

CanaryHatter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:34 am You could do so last season - it just costs more and is more of a faff all round.

Best option is definitely still to buy online, which you can do so even past kick off.

Full admission details here: https://hitchintownfc.club/admission-prices/

Why is it more of a faff all round??

Surely handing over your cash or tapping your card is about as easy as it gets ?? :-)
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Bob_the_builder wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:47 pm A little dickie bird tells me we will be able to pay at the gate this coming season??? :big_grin:
To clarify, since the start of this year we have operated a match day ticket window in the Top Field Car Park where people can pay by card for a ticket. No cash.

This costs more than buying online because it costs to run it, but it does allow the facility to buy on the day.

No cash or card transactions are conducted on the turnstiles, nor will they be in the future. The turnstiles are now for ensuring speedy entry into the ground by scanned ticket and those who decide to buy from the match day window will then need to walk round to the turnstiles to gain entry to the ground.

Buying tickets online has personal benefits, and helps both the club and the already stretched to the limit volunteers (of which we don't have enough). It is cheaper, and minimal if any queueing. So everyone who can buy online - thank you it is appreciated.

That said, we have listened and that's how and why the ticket window has come about. Obviously there may be queues if there is an increase in the number of people who don't buy online, another good reason to buy online if you can.

But there is now a card payment offline facility on match day where there hasn't been for the past three seasons.
KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH »

Ah! Thanks Chris for clarifying that. I didn't know about the match day ticket window. I usually by cup match tickets online but on one occasion the season before last senility set in & I turned up for a game, completely forgetting it was the FA Trophy. Not having my reading specs on me it was a real faff sorting it out at the gate. Luckily one of helpers outside the turnstiles sorted it for me. Had we had the ticket window option I would've breezed in.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic